Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Won a Zune! (tooting my own horn)


I never have given much thought to entering contests. Too much like tooting my own horn, you know? Actually it is something I probably should have done more often over the years considering that I am in (a sideshow of) showbiz after all.
Last year Bob Bradley, Tennessee State University's director of technology integration came by the Center for Multimedia Arts - where I work - and checked out our studio and design setup. He was researching the possibility of establishing a multimedia center at Tennessee State. He told us about a statewide pod-casting tournament for educational media that was happening through the Digital Media Sandbox Consortium (DSMC). I had to wait a year until they setup a faculty/pro division before I could get in. So this year I entered a video podcast called AutoTutor Lite, a video overview of a web-based e-learning software that was developed here at the FedEx Institue of Technology in the Institute for Intelligent Systems. AutoTutor Lite uses AI technology and avatars to respond to the student in natural (text) language. The CMA was contracted by the Office of Tech Transfer to produce the project. So...I won a Zune and a Targus backpack and maybe even a certificate. I am actually nerdily proud and mom and dad are thrilled!
Here is the writeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment