Thursday, April 29, 2010

Is Flash dying? I hope so.


I've been hearing for years that I should learn Flash-at least the video end of it. I even went to Atlanta (on an airplane!) to take a class. I guess I learned something-even though i had to take the class on a PC. ouch. I managed to create a couple of Flash presentations successfully. It took weeks, but I struggled through. I then proceeded to forget most everything I learned and just went back to concentrating on Final Cut Pro video editing. I can DO that. Lately, I've been making some vaguely-informed comments about the imminent demise of Adobe Flash. I have been hearing and reading that Apple has been snubbing Flash for some very good reasons. Reasons that I was unable to articulate. So now Mr. Jobs comes to my rescue. Turns out that I had it about right-security problems-crashing-power consumption-blurry video. Here's the full explanation. It's enlightening. And I hope it's right. I just want to get even with Adobe for all those obnxious auto-update windows and for how damn byzantine Photoshop's controls are. Not to mention how weird Flashworld is for an old video guy. Here's the link. Enjoy :http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

No comments:

Post a Comment